Seasonal hair loss? We’ll explain how you can prevent it
Autumn is a critical time for hair: it’s when what’s known as seasonal hair loss happens. It tends to affect women more and lasts approximately three or four weeks.
During this period, it’s possible to lose up to 100 strands of hair a day. The good news is that it’s not permanent, and merely a way for hair to renew itself.
Tips to put a stop to seasonal hair loss:
- A balanced diet. A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, minerals and proteins – with no drastic changes – is the best option to prevent hair loss. Some seasonal produce such as pumpkin, red meat, eggs and oily fish will be your best allies against it.
- Gentle washing. Wash hair gently, without rubbing, using a circular motion. Finish it off using cold water to stimulate blood circulation.
- Never go to sleep with your hair wet. This prevents your hair from air-drying properly, leading to breakage. Also avoid sleeping with your hair tied back to keep it from breaking.
- Brushing – likewise gentle. Dry hair upside down and brush it out in the same posture. This way, you’ll stimulate blood flow and add more shine to your mane.
- Specific treatments. Experts recommend applying specific treatments which help to stop hair loss and which also treat hair, leaving it stronger and more resistant.
Find your ally
Finding the right products can help you get visible results in a short period of time:
– Reducing hair loss by improving the anchoring of hair to the scalp.
– Stimulating the scalp and boosting the supply of nutrients.
– Regulating sebum secretion, hydrating and restructuring the hair shaft.
Discover the Montibello range that will help you keep hair loss at bay at your salon this autumn. We’re talking about the Hair Loss Cryoactive range, a line that acts as an energy booster. It stimulates the scalp and promotes hair growth, improving microcirculation of the blood thanks to the active ingredient menthol. We’ll tell you all about it!
- Treat Naturtech Hair-Loss Control Cryoactive Shampoo: gently cleanses hair while revitalising and strengthening it from roots to ends. Its refreshing action stimulates the scalp. The outcome? Soft and shiny hair and a healthy and soothed scalp.
- Treat Naturtech Hair-Loss Control Cryoactive Treatment Concentrate: an intensive scalp treatment that is specially formulated to repair, invigorate and stimulate hair follicles. It stops hair loss while moisturising and balancing the scalp. It contains 20 7ml phials. No rinsing required.